Well yes, but not for the old fashion sort of photocopier. The latest ITQ Multi-functional Printers can be utilised for various business applications beyond their basic scope by the addition of HyPAS ‘Apps’.
Empower your MFP with applications from KYOCERA’s HyPAS Solutions
KYOCERA’s HyPAS (Hybrid Platform for Advanced Solutions), a powerful and scalable solution platform, optimises the performance of ITQ’s MFPs through custom, integrated software applications that are designed to meet and exceed your individual document imaging needs.
HyPAS will transform your MFP into a resource designed to evolve as your business evolves – resulting in enhanced information sharing, resource optimisation and improved document workflows.
The HyPAS platform provides a wealth of benefits.
- End users benefit from simplified and faster operations, resulting in improved productivity and efficiency.
- Business Managers and CFOs profit from lower operating costs and maximum ROI, thanks to more fully optimised document imaging devices and improved MFP workflows.
- The IT Department takes advantage of the seamless integration of KYOCERA MFPs with existing solutions, maintaining the integrity and security of the user’s documents and the document imaging device itself.
The HyPAS solutions include:
- Teaching Assistant This streamlines the task of printing, marking and analysing multiple-choice tests and surveys using popular bubble-sheet forms. All you have to enter into the device is the amount of questions, possible answers and sheets you need. To mark the test, simply fill out the key sheet marked with the bar code label and scan it in along with the answer sheets. Great for education and marketing.
- SmartScan How do you currently scan a document to your personal network folder or e-mail address? With SmartScan you just login at the device, insert the document and press the scan button – it is as simple as that.
- QuickPrint It is a challenge for many organisations to provide frequently needed documents and forms in an efficient manner: they have to be consistently up-to-date, and quickly accessible by all relevant staff. Many organisations pre-print their forms and documents; however, the costs and environmental impact of throwing away unused or out-dated copies can be immense. QuickPrint provides a solution by offering immediate access to documents from the MFP panel for direct printing.
The Hybrid Approach: JAVA and Web Services
The Apps available are only the start, KYOCERA’s HyPAS is unique in that it offers both Java-based and Web Services-based Software Development Kits (SDKs), providing an open and flexible platform. It enables advanced integration of the MFP with solutions that are already implemented in the enterprise.
For more information on ITQ’s products and solutions click here